The 10 Healthiest Foods you should be consuming regularly!
1. Lemon: Because of its many beneficial elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and protein, the health benefits of lemons include its use as a treatment of throat infections, indigestion, constipation, dental problems, and fever, internal bleeding, rheumatism, burns, obesity, respiratory disorders, cholera and high blood pressure, while it also benefits hair and skin care. Lemon helps to strengthen your immune system, cleanse your stomach, and it is considered a blood purifier.
2. Broccoli: Broccoli provides you with 100 percent of your daily vitamin K requirement and almost 200 percent of your recommended daily dose of vitamin C which are bone–building nutrients. In addition broccoli is beneficial at warding off cancer, lowering cholesterol and is high in fiber.
3. Dark Chocolate: YES!!! Chocolate IS good for you! Dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure in otherwise healthy individuals. Cocoa powder is rich in flavonoids which are known to reduce bad LDL cholesterol and increase good HDL levels. So…..go ahead, splurge a little!
4. Potatoes: Red potatoes contain folate which is a beneficial cell-building element also found in spinach and broccoli. And just 1 sweet potato has almost eight times the amount vitamin A you should consume daily because it helps fight cancer and boosts your immune system.
Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3
fatty acids, which is linked to a reduced risk of cancer, depression, and heart disease. It is also known to protect against Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss.
6. Walnuts: Walnuts contain the most omega-3 fatty acids of all nuts, which may help reduce cholesterol. Omega-3s have been known to improve mood and help fight cancer.
7. Avocados: Avocados are rich in healthy fats proven to help lower cholesterol. They are also an excellent source of fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C.
8. Garlic: Garlic is a powerful disease fighter that can inhibit the growth of bacteria, including E. coli. Garlic also has anti-inflammatory properties and has been known to help lower cholesterol and blood-pressure levels.
9. Spinach: Spinach, the most effective cancer fighting vegetable, contains immune-boosting antioxidants important for eye health.
10. Beans: Eating 4 servings of legumes (beans, peas, and lentils) a week can lower your risk of heart disease and breast cancer.
Information for this post was obtained in part from Fitness Magazine.